Monday, February 21, 2011

This is more of a note than a post on an article but felt it was something I wanted to share. I have become increasingly irritated lately at myself, because even though I work at making my carbon foot print less and less in my daily activities I seem to dismiss it when it comes to most of the art supplies I buy and use, especially when it comes to the toxic chemicals I use when oil painting and transferring images. I've been doing a little research on some alternatives to use instead of mineral spirits or gamsol, and have decided to start using natural citrus solvent. Another product I plan on replacing is spray fixative, which is rather harsh to use and be around.


I feel this is only the tip of the iceberg and at some point hope to use only sustainable art materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment